This article is about the application com.wssyncmldm which comes with all Samsung Android devices. It will cover all topics related to it, what it is, its purpose, and why it gives an error of “The application device management (process com.wssyncmldm) has stopped working unexpectedly”. We will also discuss the methods of how to solve this error.
What is “com.wssyncmldm”?
The app “com.wssyncmldm” is exclusive to Samsung devices and is primarily used for checking for software updates in the background. The OS uses this system application in the background in order to automatically search for software updates and security patches.
The application will remain hidden from view and doesn’t have a launcher icon, so you won’t be able to access it directly. In some cases, the OS automatically removes this system application from certain devices that show suspicious activities or high battery drain issues which suggests that maybe the app is actually spying on users of the smartphone.
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a tool for Android developers. It can freeze or disable system applications on your device, which are necessary for ADB to work. This can be helpful if you want to put off downloading the latest software update until the developer has fixed any bugs that may cause problems with it. If you want to use a feature that was removed in the next update, you can hold off on updating your device and still enjoy that feature until an update is released with this feature.
It’s true that new updates for Android sometimes contain new features that are useful. It’s also true that these updates can include security patches to take care of vulnerabilities in the operating system. I would recommend reading through the changelog of a particular update before installing it on your phone. You can find it on developer android.
Fix process com.wssyncmldm has stopped working unexpectedly
The Error “The application device management (process com.wssyncmldm) has stopped working unexpectedly.” is an error that you might never have encountered before; if you never have, then you are one of the luckiest ones. Let’s hope it stays that way.
This type of error will not let your device search for new software updates by either running a diagnostic or shutting down the device. Moreover, it sometimes makes your smartphone laggy and might keep you force out of apps every 5-10 minutes at a time.
The first thing to do is clear the cache and data of your system app, Force stop, and restart your device. If the error persists then follow the methods given below.
Fix com.wssyncmldm using ADB
Android Debugging System (ADB) is a system that is used to communicate with the Android Operating Runtime. It also communicates with the Android operating system and can be accessed through a command-line interface that provides commands for application developers to use, such as the installation of applications and managing their behaviors.
To use this method, you must enable USB debugging in Developer Options in the settings menu on your device.
To do that:
- Go to Setting>About>Build Number.
- Tap 8-10 times on the Build number to enable the Developer Option.
- Now Go back to Setting>System>Developer Option.
- Scroll down to USB debugging and Enable it.
Method 1 – Using ADB
- Open the browser on your PC and Download the ADB tool from this link.
- Extract the file into the folder and open it.
- Hold Shift + Right-click in blank space inside the folder.
- Now you will see the option Open Powershell window here on Windows 10, and Open command window here in previous windows versions (7, 8, 8.1).
- Open Powershell Window.
- Now connect the device to the PC using the data cable and switch the mode with File Transfer.
- Now Enter the following command: adb devices, if you get any error then type ./adb device (you can use ./ before for all commands, if the error persists).
- Once you hit enter after typing the command, you will get a prompt to grant access to file sharing and USB Debugging on your device’s screen. Allow it.
- Now enter the command again adb devices (or ./adb devices). Now you can see your device’s serial number in the command window. It means you are connected successfully.
- Now Enter the following command: ADB shell pm disable-user –user 0 com.wssyncmldm and hit Enter.
- Now you have successfully disabled the com.wssyncmldm.
Method 2: Using ODIN
This method requires the latest firmware. Flashing firmware is always risky if you don’t know how to do it. I recommend everyone to go for the first method which is completely safe.
Odin is software made for Samsung devices to flash firmware or stock ROMs on smartphones. It was developed and backed by Samsung. You can download it from this link.
- Download Odin from here, extract and launch it using the .exe File.
- The firmware folder should contain files (name beginning with BL, AP, CP, CSC, Home_CSC).
- Now click on BL and browse the file beginning with BL. And Do it for each file AP, CP, CSC respectively.
- Hence I recommend using only CSC File instead of Home_CSC. CSC will clean wipe all the data while Home_csc will keep the data during the process which may cause the same error again. So use only the CSC file.
- Now you have to enter in Download mode of your Samsung device. Different models have different methods to enter in download mode. Try searching in google “download mode in (your Samsung model)”.
- Connect your device to PC. and Click on the Start button in the Odin.
- It will take a while flashing firmware on your device.
- Hopefully, it shows a message “Pass”, which means it is done successfully.
Is com.wssyncmldm a spy app or malware?
It is neither a spy app nor malware. It comes built-in on the android operating system and runs in the background. So do not worry about this at all.
Can I uninstall com.wssyncmldm?
We cannot uninstall com.wssyncmldm because it is a service to get OTA updates, It is there to update Google Services and other required Android Services. If you try to uninstall this service with whatever method it might create many problems on your device.
What is COM Wssyncmldm used for?
It is a system application that is used to get software updates on Samsung devices. It keeps running in the background to keep searching for software updates for your device.
Other related Articles:
Hope you learned about com.wssyncmldm, what is it, what is it used for, etc. If you have any more questions regarding this, do let us know in the comment section.