Tenda router comes with a default username and password, which is “admin”. To gain access to its configuration pages just log in to your account and change your default password. Normally the users are advised to change the default password for security reasons but many users still don’t do that. Reasons best known to them!
However, forgetting your own router password or the default router password is very common, as you really don’t access the router settings too often. Also, it is totally troublesome if you don’t know the router password, as it will precisely block you from accessing the internet completely.
For Tenda router password recovery, the most obvious advice is to simply reset the router back to the default factory configuration. However, you still need to know the default password.
Tenda Router Password Recovery
So, if you have forgotten your Tenda router password, follow these steps for Tenda router password recovery.
If not Logged in
- Step 1: Log in to the homepage.
- Step 1. Open a browser on your device and type “192.168.0.1” in the Address Bar. Now, press Enter.
- Step 2. : Since you have forgotten your password, click on “Forget your password?” below the “Login” button.
- Step 3. : Now the user interface will go to the homepage. Click on “Wireless Settings”.
- Step 4. : Here you can change your password. After typing your new password, click “OK”.
If already logged in
- Step 1: Go to administration setting
- Step 2: Enter a new password and confirm the password.
A notification window will pop up confirming your password recovery.
Click “OK”. Now your Wi-fi will be disconnected. Just wait for 30 seconds, and log in to your Tenda router by providing the new recovered password.
Tips for Tenda router password recovery
- If you have forgotten your router password set earlier, you can reset the Tenda router to factory settings and can configure your router password again.
- It is always recommended to keep changing the router password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it.
If you are still facing trouble while resetting your password or can’t log in to your Tenda router, get more help here.