What is content://com.android.browser.home/? Where it is used for. How to customize the default browser homepage? On a mobile, a user may open a web browser and find content://com.android.browser.home/ as the default homepage on their phone’s web browser from time to time. The largest manufacturers of Android smartphones often have their own web browser for their devices, which they will implement by default with the handset. We often prefer to use one of the more popular browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox. In these browsers, we can manually set up a homepage or change the default home page.
For those of you who don’t know how to change the default homepage on a desktop browser, please follow the steps mentioned in this blog post. Most browsers are very easy to install and give many new features or opportunities to use. However, sometimes it is difficult to make a change to the default homepage, so we will explain this to you without going through any other steps.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/
content://com.android.browser.home is a command that is used to modify or switch the homepage on the default browser on an Android phone. Location is protected by default and used to customize the default browser homepage. When you purchase a new phone, this setting is already in place but can be removed, mitigated, or altered depending on your preferences for browsing the default homepage.
content://com.android.browser.home, if we split it into several elements, has two main parts. The first part, content:// is to access the content on identical or diverse stages and the second part is the package’s name: com.android.browser or in short, browser.home which means that it is the default browser on your mobile phone and home/ which means that it’s the segment that’s liable for locating the home page in this app.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/index?
The term “index” in this URL is pointing to browser indexing which is used by the server admin for them to locate records. Indexing allows the admin to see what you are looking at online and even what it is that you are purchasing.
In the URL content://com.android.browser.home/bookmarks, we can see there is a syntax “bookmarks” which means we can add bookmarks to our browsers with or without code.
How to change the homepage of the browser?
In this article, I’m going to share what I know about how to set a new homepage for your browser. You can use a pre-installed browser or you can download and install a different one. Android smartphones come with Google Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers already installed. But if you want to open multiple pages, it’s better to start them up as individual browsers on your phone. That way, you’ll be able to customize each one as much as possible and use them as you see fit.
- Go to the Google browser application and launch the app.
- Choose the menu button on the upper right half of the window.
- Click on the “Settings” menu, and locate the “Homepage .”
- Now select custom homepage.
- Directly enter the URL, you need to set it as the default page or pick the exact page’s choice.
- Now your homepage is successfully changed.
Method 1: Browser Setting
To change the default homepage on the browser, follow the steps below:
- Launch the browser for which you want to change the default homepage.
- Go to 3 dots on the top right corner.
- Click on Setting>browser Setting>default homepage
- Now change to desired homepage URL(eg. google.com).
- That’s it.
Method 2: Using Syntax
- Launch the default browser
- Type content://com.android.browser.home/Set in the URL address bar.
- The setting menu will pop up to change the default homepage on the browser
- Now type the homepage URL you want to keep. E.g. Google.com or Bing.com
Please note that This syntax may not work on non-default browsers. So try only on the default browser.
Method 3: Using Bookmark
- Launch a site that you want to set as the default homepage.
- Tap on Menu>Bookmark and save the URL in the bookmark.
- Navigate to the menu again then Bookmark or history.
- Long tap on site which you want to set as default homepage.
- A pop-up will appear saying “Set as default homepage.
We talked about what content://com.android.browser.home/ is and how you can set it as your default browser by following these easy steps that are laid out in detail above. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below and we will get back to you with our best knowledge as soon as possible!