Blocking websites on your router is a great way to keep kids out of trouble. If you’re looking for a way to keep your kids off the social media or other irresponsible sites that have no business being accessed from home, then we’ve got you covered here with a step-by-step guide on how to get up and running in no time! How do I prevent my children from accessing social media or other irresponsible sites? The answer may be as simple as blocking these sites on your router.
Why you should consider blocking websites on your router
1. You’ll save time – If you have many devices running on your wireless network, then it could slow the network down and it may affect other devices that are also connected to your wireless network.
2. You’ll save money- Using a VPN (virtual private networking) service costs money and you don’t need one if you’re able to block websites effectively on your router.
3. Find Content Filtering
4. Block bad content – There are two ways of doing this. The first is with the simple block categories, and the second is with more advanced filter options.
5. Add custom URLs to block – You can opt to choose a custom URL instead of using one of the pre-set categories like Facebook or Twitter .
Steps for how to block sites on your router
Steps for how to block sites on your router.
- Log in to your ASUS Router by entering the default password “admin”
- Select ‘Advanced Settings’ from the column on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Navigate to the ‘Content Filter’ menu and select ‘Block URLs’.
- Input a custom URL, such as a social media site or other website that you would like blocked HERE, then select ‘Apply’.
- Remember to input the URL EXACTLY as it appears in order to block it properly on your router!
- Once you have successfully blocked your desired website, it will appear in a list on the right-hand side of your screen.
What other things can be blocked by my ASUS Router besides just websites, like apps and games too?!
The ASUS router can also be used to block games and applications. To do this, input the name of the game or application into the ‘Block Apps’ field and click ‘Apply’.
Blocking websites on your router can be a great way to save time, money and keep bad content off of the screens in your home. We’ve provided a step-by-step guide for how you can get started blocking websites on an ASUS Router so that you’re able to enjoy more free time and less distractions from social media or other sites with no business being accessed from your network.