We all would have probably already discovered the challenges to get a strong and reliable Wi-Fi signal throughout our house. But this problem can be easily rectified using modern and best long-range wireless router 1000 feet wifi coverage.
The powerful routers extend the fastest viable speeds even when at the extreme verge of your WiFi coverage.
These routers are designed to handle many devices simultaneously and are perfect for everyone who wants fast online performance and has a lot of connected devices competing for bandwidth.
The best long-range wireless router 1000 feet are topped up with advanced technologies like MU-MIMO and robust beamforming antennas, along with mesh technology and Wi-Fi 6. This ensures uninterrupted Wi-Fi from any corner of your home.
The advanced technologies embedded in the wireless routers offer features like MU-MIMO, advanced beamforming antenna arrays, and powerful CPUs, and make sure that you enjoy an uninterrupted chat with friends and family on Google Meet. Advanced Wi-Fi 6 support present in modern long range routers reduces network congestion.
These wifi routers are incredibly easy to set up and don’t need a networking expert for configuration.
Best long-range wireless routers 1000 feet
The best long-range wireless routers 1000 feet put forward great wireless connectivity and a range that stretches out every corner of your workspace.
We highly recommend always checking out the reviews before making the purchasing decision.
Here we have listed the best long-range wireless routers 1000 feet, which you can buy for your home or workspace:
NETGEAR Orbi Home Wi-Fi system
The patented award-winning Tri-Band Technology provides Orbi with a dedicated backhaul connection between the router and the satellite. It can manage multiple network connections without affecting the speed. Now you can watch web series and movies, play video games, download music, and much more. It offers a quick and easy setup with the use of the Orbi app or any web browser.
Features of NETGEAR Orbi Home Wi-Fi system
- Mesh Technology: The NETGEAR Wi-Fi system engages a mesh wifi system, offers coverage of up to 5000 sq. ft. and keeps up to 25 devices connected anywhere around your home.
- Tri-band: The NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Wi-Fi system has a tri-band technology, which helps to control multiple connections without affecting the Wi-Fi speed. It provides a dedicated backhaul connection between the router and the satellite.
- Advanced technology features: It features advanced technology including MU-MIMO, Beamforming, and Smart connect.
- Ethernet and USB Ports: It provides 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for wired connections and a 2.0 USB port for Wi-Fi gadgets.
- Easy set up with the Orbit app: It provides easy setup and control of the network with the Orbit app.
- Network security: The Wi-Fi system supports WPA2 wireless safety protocols like firewall, VPN, and more, and keeps your network and gadgets safe from virus, malware, and data theft.
ASUS AC3100 Wi-Fi Gaming Router (RT-AC88U)
ASUS AC3100 wireless gaming router is the best long-range wireless router 1000 feet with dual-band gigabit and 3100 Mbps throughput for up to 4K/UHD video playback. It is AiMesh compatible, supports MU MIMO, and links aggregation with teaming ports, and comes with a Smart Connect.
Features of ASUS AC3100 Wi-Fi Gaming Router (RT-AC88U)
- Powerful performance: It comes with a 1.4 Gigahertz dual-core processor and 4 antennas for powerful Wi-Fi signals. The wireless range covers up to 5000 sq. ft. area, providing maximum speed up to 3100 Mbps.
- Frequency: It is a dual-band router with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, for a much broader wireless connectivity range.
- Advanced technology: ASUS router features advanced technology including NitroQAM technology, MU-MIMO, adaptive QoS, Beamforming, and advanced parental control.
- Ethernet LAN and USB port: It comes with 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for wired connections and 3.0 x 1 USB and 2.0 x 1 port for Wi-Fi gadgets.
- ASUS Router App and ASUS User Interface: It can be easily set up and managed with the ASUS interface and ASUS router app.
- ASUS AiProtection: The router has ASUS AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, which protects your network and gadgets from internet threats.
TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 router
The TP-Link Archer C7 wireless dual-band router offers a secured and steady internet connection. This Wi-Fi router is specially designed for high-traffic online activities. TP-Link Archer A7 router operates on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands, ensuring seamless wireless connectivity.
This TP-Link Archer A7 router provides transfer speeds up to 10 times quicker than any other standard Ethernet connections, which makes it the preferred router in the segment.
Features of TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 router
- High-performance router: With its powerful CPU, 3 antennas, and strong amplifiers it offers Wi-fi coverage up to 2500 sq. ft. for 50 devices at a go.
- Frequency: It has a dual-band of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, and provides high speed upto 1750 Mbps.
- Advanced Technology: It comes with advanced technology features like advanced QoS for bandwidth prioritization.
- Ethernet and USB Ports: It comes with 4 gigabit LAN ports for wired devices and 2.0 x 1 USB port for Wi-Fi gadgets.
- Easy setup with Tether app: It can be set up and managed easily with the tether app.
- Network Security: Enabled with advanced WPA/WPA2 Wi-fi encryption, it provides full safety to your data and gadgets from internet threats. It also offers guest access and parental control.
Linksys WRT3200ACM Open Source Router
Linksys WRT3200ACM open-source router is embedded with Tri-Stream 160 and MU-MIMO technology. It offers extreme WiFi speed to multiple devices simultaneously.
Features of Linksys WRT3200ACM open source router
- Exceptional performance router: It comes with a powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core processor and two Wi-Fi bands, and provides speed up to 3.2 Gbps.
- Open source firmware: The open-source firmware helps to explore options provided by open source distributions like setting up a secure VPN, creation, and management of hotspots.
- Certified by DFS: The router is certified by DFS and employs the tri-stream 160 technology for faster Wi-Fi speed and coverage.
- Advanced technology: It comes with the unique MU-MIMO technology, that allows multiple gadget connection without affecting the wireless speed.
- Easy setup with Smart Wi-Fi app: It can be set up and managed easily with the Smart Wi-Fi app.
- Ethernet and USB Port: It offers four Ethernet ports for wired connections and 3.0 x 1 and 2.0 x 1 USB ports for Wi-Fi connections.
Amazon Eero Pro mesh router – best long-range wireless router 1000 feet
The Amazon Eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi system offers fast and reliable internet powered by a mesh network. The eero 2nd generation Wi-Fi system is 2x as fast as the original Eero Wi-Fi. Amazon Eero Pro router gets automatically updated once a month, keeping your Wi-Fi system on the cutting edge. It leverages multiple wireless access points to create an incredible internet experience, on a single mesh Wi-Fi system.
Feature of Amazon Eero Pro mesh
- Mesh technology: The system comes with a single mesh system, powered by True mesh technology, providing multiple Wi-Fi access for a better Wi-Fi experience.
- Frequency: The Eero pro mesh has tri-band power, which offers super-fast speed and less buffering.
- Amazing Wi-Fi system: The Amazon Eero Pro mesh Wi-Fi system is powered by a mesh network, that ensures super-fast speed.
- Eero 2nd generation Wi-Fi technology: The Eero 2nd generation Wi-Fi system is two times faster than the first generation eero Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi extender: The Eero beacon has a Wi-Fi access point to connects to the standard outlets, extending Wi-Fi connectivity to multiple gadgets.
- Easy set-up with the Mobile app: It can be set up and managed easily with the mobile app.
- Network security: The Eero app can only be accessed with a one-time password. Devices compatible with WPA2 only can be connected to your network. It ensures the complete safety and security of devices and your wireless network.
Google Nest Wi-Fi AC2200 router
Google Nest Wi-Fi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. Nest Wi-Fi AC2200 router is fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time.
If you are looking for a cost-effective, best long range wireless router 1000 feet, nest Google WiFi System is a good option.
Features of Google Nest Wi-Fi AC2200
- Fast Wi-Fi speed: The Google nest router is renowned for fast Wi-Fi speed and less buffering.
- Wide and flexible wireless coverage: It offers a Wi-Fi coverage of up to 2200 sq. ft. The coverage can be further extended by adding extra nest Wi-Fi points for wider coverage.
- Easy setup with the Google Home app: It can be set up and managed easily with the Google Home app.
- Network security and parental control: The Google nest router, provides assured network security from internet threats. It comes with parental control features to limit the internet access of your kids.
Linksys (WHW0303) Velop Mesh Router
Linksys Velop is the tri-band Wi-Fi system and creates a high range mesh network and delivers reliable, secured and seamless connectivity throughout your home and outside.
Features of Linksys (WHW0303) Velop Mesh Router
- Commendable performance: The Linksys velop router is a tri-band Wi-fi system. The nodes come in black and white colors.
- Wide wireless coverage: One node of Linksys velop mesh router, offers wide Wi-Fi coverage up to 2000 sq. ft. for up to 20 gadgets. Adding more nodes can increase the wireless coverage. Three nodes can provide wireless coverage up to 6000 sq. ft.
- Mesh Wi-Fi system: It comes with intelligent mesh technology, ensuring ultra-fast and uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Advanced technology: It features the MU-MIMO and one BSS coloring technology.
- Ethernet ports: It comes with 2 LAN ports for wired connections.
- Easy setup with the Linksys app: It can be set up and managed easily with the Linksys app.
- Linksys Shield and Linksys Aware: The Linksys shield protects the wireless network against internet threats and provides control over the network. The Linksys aware is capable of recognizing suspicious motions via Wi-Fi signals and sends you notifications through the Linksys app.
AmpliFi HD Wi-Fi System by Ubiquiti Labs (best long-range wireless router)
The AmpliFi HD Wi-Fi system offers maximum throughput for gaming and video streaming, eliminating dead spots. It is one of the best long range wireless routers 1000 feet and comes with a simple innovative design with an intuitive touchscreen display. The display enables you to easily check the performance and network status.
Features of AmpliFi HD Wi-Fi System
- High-performance Wi-Fi system: It features the 802.11AC technology, that ensures faster Wi-Fi speed and wider coverage. It provides wireless network coverage up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- Unique Wi-Fi system: It comes with a touch screen display, two mesh points for broader coverage, and less buffering.
- Wi-Fi Extender: It comes with adjustable super antennas that can be placed anywhere in your home.
- Ethernet ports: It comes with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, a WAN port, and an Ethernet port.
- Easy setup with the AmpliFi app: It can be set up and managed easily with the AmpliFi app.
- Attractive Design: The AmpliFi HD Wi-fi System features a touch screen control and a beautiful design enhancing your home decor.
D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Router
D-Link DIR-882-US AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi wireless router is ideal for HD streaming, gaming, and multiple device usage. The D-Link AC2600 wireless router is the perfect combination of wireless internet performance and ease of use.
Features of D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Router
- Powerful performance Wi-Fi router: The router is powered by a dual-core processor, ensuring uninterrupted Wi-Fi speed.
- Fast speed and wide coverage: It is a dual-band router offering wireless speed up to 2600 Mbps for multiple gadgets.
- Advanced technology: The router includes advanced features like an intelligent QoS, MU-MIMO, advanced smart beams, and more.
- Ethernet and USB ports: It comes with 4 gigabit LAN ports and 1 gigabit WAN port and 2.0 x 1 and 3.0 x 1 USB ports.
- Easy set up with new user interface: It can be set up and managed easily with its intuitive user interface.
- Network security: It features WPA/WPA2 Encryption, ensuring complete network security for connected gadgets.
Wireless router buying guide
While selecting a new router, keep in mind the few important features like coverage area, the number of clients, and the types of devices that you will be connecting.
Here we have listed the various features you need to consider before choosing a wireless router for your home or workspace. These include-
These days several best long range wireless router 1000 feet with better and advanced level are available in the market. The modern Wi-Fi standard is 802.11ax, widely recognized as “Wi-Fi 6” or “AX Wi-Fi”. The most commonly used Wi-Fi protocol, 802.11ac, operates on both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands. It permits maximum data rates of up to 5,400 Mbps.
Wi-Fi 6 is renowned for improving internet speed and reducing congestion in heavy bandwidth usage scenarios. It uses a 160 MHz Channel and expands the Wi-Fi band from 80 MHz to 160 MHz, doubling the channel width and making your Wi-Fi faster. The 1024-QAM, 8×8 uplink/downlink, OFDMA, and BSS Color increase its capacity to 4x and handle more devices.
Wi-Fi 6 makes use of Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) technology. This technology permits multiple users to access the router at the same time, without affecting the internet bandwidth quality. MIMO technology employs a number of antennas to send and receive up to eight spatial streams.
It supports beamforming technology to send wireless signals directly to the user, rather than broadcasting them in all directions. The automatic band-steering allows the router to select the most efficient radio band, depending on the network traffic, band availability, and range.
So it is clear now that a Wi-Fi router with Wi-Fi 6 deals with almost all the requisite features to think about before opting for the best long range wireless router 1000 feet.
Slow browsing, dropping Wi-Fi signals, streaming inability, and dead zones – these problems are maddening all around the world. So everybody wants the best long range wireless router 1000 feet. Getting a wireless router with more antennas can solve internet-related problems.
If you are still facing issues regarding coverage area, you may need to buy a Wi-Fi extender to boost the range. These Wi-Fi extenders are also available in single as well as dual-band configurations.
You can also go for Wi-Fi repeaters, as they connect to the network wirelessly and rebroadcast the signal allowing a better range and speed.
Wireless routers come with different Wi-Fi bands.
A router with two radio bands uses different frequencies to offer better signals to your devices. These bands are the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band. The 2.4 GHz band works at a lower frequency whereas the 5GHz band can easily penetrate walls and offers a better range of Wi-Fi.
For an occupied network with quite a few users competing for bandwidth, a tri-band router is the best long-range wireless router 1000 feet. It uses three bands, one at 2.4 GHz and two at 5 GHz.
The fact is that the internet speed you enjoy depends on the internet plan you purchase from the internet service provider. However, you must consider the top speed of the Router’s Wi-Fi also. Usually, a router offers speed up to 6,000 Mbps and a Wi-Fi 6 router offers that of 6 GHz per second. But it does not mean you can use that speed.
Security is the most critical aspect you need to consider before buying the best long range wireless router 1000 feet. It is very important to have a built-in antivirus to protect the users against several internet security threats.
So, choose a router with a Wi-Fi Protected Access protocol, with powerful security features. Select one with extra software to protect your network from viruses, malware, and ransomware.
Most of the budget routers have a built-in firewall.
Before buying a router make sure that it makes up the connectivity demands. Check for dedicated USB ports present on the router, which can be used for connecting external hard drives, USB printers, and devices for FTP data transfer.
A computer is connected to the router at LAN ports, using an Ethernet cable. Having more ethernet ports is a good-to-have feature for a router.
So always look for ports and connectivity options available in the router.
Wi-Fi Mesh Network Systems
A Wi-Fi mesh system fills the wireless dead zones without any additional wiring or range extenders. To expand Wi-Fi signals across the larger area, the mesh technology makes use of extension nodes or satellites. Google Wi-Fi is the best example of mesh technology.
Depending on the number of nodes you select, you can roll out a stable internet connection, throughout the expanse of 6,000 square feet of space.
Things to consider before buying a best long range wireless router 1000 feet
Choosing the best long range wireless router 1000 feet with fast Wi-Fi, and excellent coverage is not an easy job. Manufacturers usually use lots of acronyms for the routers, which a common man doesn’t understand.
We have already discussed the main features of a wireless router which you should focus upon before buying a router for your home or workspace.
Now here is the quick buying guide to help you to pick the best router for your need and budget.
- Don’t pay attention to router naming conventions while making your buying choice.
It is generally seen that wireless routers show off their total theoretical maximum bandwidth in their model name, like AC1200, AC5400, and routers with Wi-Fi 6 have AX in their name, like ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000. But such naming conventions are meaningless for you as a customer.
However, here we want to recommend that never buy a router below AC1200. Anything lower than AC1200 is an old router, with outdated technology.
- Choose a dual-band router or more
Dual-band routers broadcast the wireless signals on two frequencies. One of these frequencies is always the 2.4 GHz band, and the other is 5 GHz. The 2.4 GHz band is compatible with old networking devices. But it is slow and has congestion problems. 5GHz band is a lot faster than 2.4 GHz and congestion tends to be less problematic.
So, if you want a fast and best long-range wireless router 1000 feet for your smart home for full HD or 4K video streaming, buy a dual-band or tri-band wireless router.
- The router should have RAM of at least 128 MB and a multi-core processor
Take a note that the wireless routers need to have a lot more processing power, as you will be using Wi-Fi for video streaming, downloads, online gaming, and various other activities. So a lot of data will be transferred to and from the internet. So the capacity of the processor and RAM matters a lot.
Make sure that your router has at least a dual-core processor and RAM of at least 128 MB. The best would be 256 MB and more. This will ensure faster processing.
- The router should have a USB port.
A USB port present on a router allows you to connect an external hard drive or printer. Such USB ports are handy as they make it very easy to expand shareable storage or set up a printer on a home network.
These days best long-range wireless routers 1000 feet are available in the market with USB 3.0 ports. So, having at least one USB port in the router is a must.
- Advanced QoS instead of plain QoS
Quality of Service (QoS) is an advanced feature available in the wireless router that prioritizes internet traffic for applications, or online gaming, and helps in minimizing the impact of busy bandwidth. That means, it lets you divide up your available bandwidth between applications and prioritize the things you care about, so they occur faster.
However, average users never configure this feature, as they don’t understand the principles involved in this.
The advanced forms of QoS split the bandwidth automatically, based on the smart algorithms, with little to no user involvement.
Hence, with a good QoS, you can ensure your streaming video doesn’t pause or your laptop is not lethargic.
We highly recommend picking a router with advanced QoS.
- Verify the real-life speed of the router online, before buying
The router speed mentioned in the specifications of the router manual is not the real-life speed. It is just a theoretical number measured in labs with the ideal networking equipment.
We highly recommend going through the product user reviews before buying and get actual insights from genuine buyers and users.
- The router should have a smartphone app.
We highly recommend buying a modern router that has a smartphone app that you can use to set up wireless routers. Such smartphone apps are also used to manage the network.
It gives convenience to see your Wi-Fi network’s status, other devices connected to your network, the real-time traffic consumption statistics and allows easy access to the router settings page, and much more experience in one go.
- Buy a router for a Smart home
To manage the smart devices of a modern home, choose a router that is integrated with task automation services like IFTT (If This, Then That) or Amazon’s Alexa smart assistant. This will let your applications and devices work together in an entirely new way.
You can easily control all smart devices through voice commands given to Alexa and do things like turning off the LEDs on the router at night.
So, by just putting QoS priority rules on your wireless router, you can conveniently enjoy a superior internet experience with lesser buffering problems.
- Support for Mesh Wi-Fi
The mesh Wi-Fi routers are poles apart from normal routers. Mesh routers are much simpler and much more efficient. They comprise several units that can be placed throughout the coverage area. Their multi-node design provides uninterrupted and consistent signals, making them the most effective network solutions to date.
So, pick a mesh Wi-Fi router, ensuring strong, continuous signals in a crowded network.
- Choose a router with advanced security features
We advise you to take your network security very seriously. Go for a secured and best long-range wireless router 1000 feet, with built-in security controls and services, like firewall, VPN servers, antivirus, that can protect your Wi-Fi network from malware and outside attacks.
Choose a router with powerful hardware and lots of RAM, providing the resources to run such advanced services well. As suggested earlier, your router should have at least 256 MB of RAM and a dual-core processor.
FAQs about Long Range Wireless Routers 100 Feet
Which Wi-Fi router has the longest range?
If you want to get Wi-Fi signal throughout your home or office then this is an important question. I have used a long list of routers in the past and my experience has taught me one thing: It is impossible to predict which router will perform better with a particular situation. There are so many different factors that you should consider before buying any product.
How do I extend my WiFi signal to another building 1000 feet away?
You can get WiFi to a second building with a long-range wireless router (some other way is possible but it will be more expensive). What you should consider is “what kind of Internet connection do I have?” If you have fiber-optic Internet connection, then I recommend that you get an 802.11ac router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports (fiber-optic Internet connection requires a lot of data bandwidth). If you have cable or DSL, then an 802.11ac router with 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port will be sufficient.
What is the maximum range of Wifi?
The maximum theoretical range of a wireless signal depends on the strength of the receiver and transmitter, atmospheric conditions, and interference. The IEEE 802.11 specification sets out three ranges: point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint-to-multipoint. For indoor applications, the most commonly used range is 10–100 meters. This is also the case for outdoor applications, with a maximum range of 300 to 500 meters.
What is the best router for a 3 story house?
Depending on the size of the house, I recommend you to get a router with 4 or 8 antennas and about 10 dBm (200 mW) transmitter power. Make sure that your router has at least two Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports.
The bottom line
The suggested long-range wireless routers are perfect for one who wants to watch movies, play online games, download music, and much more and wish to harvest the maximum out of the broadband connection.